Sunday, August 8, 2010

New in Austin...sort of!

So, Mark moved here about a year ago now. Cammi and I got here in June. I will say we are not ones to sit still. When we were first married in the first year we moved twice, and I'm not talking across town, I'm talking across country! Since then we've moved a number of other times. Most of the times to other places that I thought were really cool and always wanted to live there, and others that I thought would be dreadful, but turned out to be pretty awesome once you got to know the area. Well, here I am, eleven years after that first move, in Austin, TX. I have to be honest, I had heard of Austin since it's the capitol of Texas, other than that though I had no idea what this place would be like! I'd tell people we were moving to Austin and they got excited for me throwing around things like "Austin City Limits", "South by Southwest", and countless names of bbq places to visit...it was a bit overwhelming but helped to get me excited since I had no clue what this place was about.
So, here I am, almost two full months after having moved here...I am completely, totally, utterly in love with this place! There is always so much to do whether indoors or out! There are family friendly things, and things just for adults. Now, we live in South Austin and it is so fitting for the personalities in our household. It is so charming I don't know as though I could imagine living anywhere else in Austin...and after my travels this past week I saw a lot of Austin & it's suburban world!
So, this blog is pretty much going to be about my travels around Austin. I love this place and we've done so much. I cant' wait to share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment